Wednesday 16 April 2014

Day 253 - Evening in Busan


After going to the bus terminal and finding out that buses for Busan leave every 15 minutes and take under 2 hours, I decided to take it easy  and have lunch and coffee in Gyeongju before heading to Busan.








Once in Busan and after checking in to my hostel, I set out to explore the area and was quite amused to come across a half Chinese and half Russian 'Chinatown'.





It was quite bizarre but there were certainly a lot of Russians around with the typical cafes and Russian restaurants in between Chinese restaurants and souvenir shops.





Once I reached the Nampodong shopping area it all started to look more like Seoul with lots of people about, shops, beer and fried chicken places, cafes and small markets along the side streets.





I enjoyed walking around and taking photos and while it reminded me of Seoul, it felt a bit calmer and less busy.



On my way back to the hostel, I got to chat with a guy who just went out for a smoke and I ended up having a beer and a chat so only got back later.

A great surprise was that I also received a message from an old friend who I have not seen in 10 years and lives in Busan.


No comments:

Post a Comment