Tuesday 8 April 2014

Day 245 - Melaka along the Canal


Despite having bigger plans for the bike and owner portraits, I decided t put this idea on hold for now and just chill in Melaka.







I just took a walk along the canal to the Pirate Park and back to the old fort. It was a nice walk past some nice buildings and here were also not to many people.






In between waling along the canal, I also headed into Chinatown for another stroll and to take some more photos.






I really enjoy Melaka and although I slightly prefer Georgetown it's a great place to spend time in and it has character so if you need to get out of KL, Melaka is a very good choice.

While I initially planned to head to Singapore and then on to Indonesia, I have changed my plans slightly. I will now head back to KL before flying to Seoul via Hanoi in the evening, although I won't have a visa or enough time to leave the airport in Hanoi.

Indonesia and Singapore are not cancelled yet but have just been moved a bit further back, maybe giving me also he opportunity to go to the Philippines while there.


2 comments:

  1. Melaka is probably the first place that makes me love to travel to small and quite town. It's a nice place to lay back and enjoy the culture.

    Looking forward to your visit to Indonesia... It's always interesting to see foreigner point of views my country :-)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!

    You're right about Melaka, it is a nice quiet place to chill.

    Looking forward to see Indonesia soon, my trip there has been slightly pushed back but I will get there.

    ReplyDelete