Saturday 5 April 2014

Day 242 - Morning at the Batu Caves


At first I planned to leave to Melaka in the morning but then decided to go and check out the Batu Caves since it is easy to get to and would be something different in KL.







So I took the train to the caves and went to take some photos. The caves look a bit like a theme park in a way but are quite nice and you feel like being out of the city.





The monkeys around there are also fun and despite the signs people do feed them well. The caves reminded me a bit of Marble Mountain in Danang, although I found it a bit more atmospheric here and the temple was nicer.
Still, it is pretty cool and well worth a visit if you're in KL.





On my way back, I went to check out the bus times and prices to Melaka for tomorrow morning. The great news is that there are at least 3 buses departing every 15-30 minutes and the prices are reasonable.




After returning from the bus station, I just headed out around Chinatown as usual to take photos and get dinner.





Tomorrow morning it will be time to leave KL and while it's a nice enough city and great for shopping, it lacks some character that I found in Penang and Ipoh so I hope Melake will have more character (it certainly looks like it).


2 comments:

  1. I love the way the monkey seems to be communicating with the man in the top shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Kesh!

    I also like the monkey and the guy in the first shot, the monkey was probably trying to tell the guy to share some of his banana.

    ReplyDelete