Friday 8 August 2014

Day 349 - Berkeley


After arriving in Oakland this morning, I figured, I head to Berkeley and look for accommodation first before heading to San Francisco.







Berkeley had a really nice feel to it so after having breakfast, I decided to explore it a bit instead of rushing to San Francisco.




After walking around for a bit I realised I needed to find a place to stay and drop my bag off, charge my gadgets.




Trying to find a place and sort everything via Airbnb out took quite a while so in the end I had time to do some laundry and decided that it's not worth going into San Francisco today.




Berkeley is nice and has a lot of good restaurants and coffee shops. It is quite small but laid back.




The university campus is quite big but makes for a nice walk and has some interesting buildings.




So by the time the evening came, I was still in Berkeley and had a nice day despite not getting into San Francisco as planned.

Tomorrow, I will get up early and go to the Emeryville Amtrak station to get my rail pass and then decide if I stay another day or start my journey towards the East Coast


No comments:

Post a Comment