Sunday 31 August 2014

Day 372 - A Sunny Day in Edinburgh


It was a great start to my stay in Edinburgh, it was sunny and warm so very pleasant to walk around and be outside.







It was also the last day of the Edinburgh Festival so there were still a lot of people around and some art installations dotted about.




It was great to be back in Scotland, I really like the people and atmosphere here. Edinburgh in particular is a very nice place and offers a lot to see and do.




While there are a lot of places to see,none are too far from each other so you can easily walk everywhere.




No matter where you are in the city, you usually get a nice view but for the best views you have to go to Calton Hill, from here you get a great view of he city but also the surrounding landscape.




Despite having been to Edinburgh before, I've never really spent much time around Calton Hill but this time I made sure I could enjoy the views.




Since it was the last day of the festival, there was a very nice firework in the evening in front of the Castle. I liked how they incorporated the castle in the display so it did look quite spectacular.

The rain also held bay until after the fireworks and meant I spent the rest of the evening enjoying a wee dram and pint in a pub.


No comments:

Post a Comment